When I turn on my mobicip account on my Dell laptop to filter my children's internet activity, I get a green screen with the message "Child Profile Not Exist" and a message to login to my account. The message appears even when I try to access a website that I have specifically designated as ok for my child to visit. I did login to my account and tried making adjustments to my child's profile, but that did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled mobicip on my laptop but that not help either. Can someone advise me on how to get mobicip to resume filtering and allow internet access?
Gita Jun 16, 2020
Re: Child profile not exist
We are sorry for the trouble. Please try the following and check if it helps:
1. Download and execute the file in this link
2. Login to Mobicip client and disable web filtering to users
3. Login back again and then check if it is working
Guest Feb 26, 2021
Child Profile Not Exist
My husband's computer pulls up this screen, and I do not understand how you explained to fix it. Please let me know in easier words what we need to do to fix this problem. Thanks for your help! :)
Gita Mar 8, 2021
Re: Child Profile Not Exist
Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We believe that this issue is happening on your Windows computer.
This message can occur in two cases:
1. If the computer is working in an Active Directory environment - The older version of Mobicip did support Domain users concept but the latest version does not, as we don't recognize and list Active directory users in our software UI. We only list local user accounts in our UI and hence you won't be able to apply Mobicip filtering on the user accounts.
2. If you are logged in as Administrator and it is named as 'Administrator'. Please try changing the name of the Admin login in your computer, restart the device and then check if the Child Profile shows up.
We suggest that you create separate login accounts for your children and then apply Mobicip filtering for each login account based on their age and schedule.