Ubiquitous Internet access on your home PC desktop, laptop or netbook is a wonderful thing and your children need this access more than ever. But how do you keep them safe as they navigate the myriad content online and learn safe browsing?
This tutorial will walk you through the setup of Mobicip's Internet filter and parental controls on Windows 7 / Windows 8.
Mobicip account setup
You will need a Mobicip.com account to be able to use Mobicip on Windows 7. To setup an account, simply visit mobicip.com and click Get Started. Setup the account and purchase the Premium subscription. Once the account is created, you will receive a confirmation email.
How to setup Mobicip on Windows 7 / Windows 8
1. The first step is to download Mobicip to your Desktop folder. Follow this link to find out which version of Windows you have. Once you are sure about the version, click one of the links below to download Mobicip.
NOTE: If you have tried a beta version of the Mobicip before, please uninstall the program first before proceeding to the next step.
2. Once downloaded, double click the .msi file. Click Run to proceed with the installation steps below.
3. You have now installed Mobicip. You may be prompted to restart the computer. Once you restart and login again, you should now see the Mobicip icon on your desktop.
4. Double click the icon to launch Mobicip, and enter your Mobicip.com account username and password.
5. Click Login to proceed.
6. On this dialog, map the Windows system user to the user profile in your Mobicip.com account. For instance, one user on this system could be at the High School filtering level and another could be at the Middle School filtering level. Depending on the user who is logged into the computer, the appropriate filtering profile will be applied.
7. Click Apply and you will see this confirmation screen. Click Ok to proceed.
Congratulations! Your PC is now setup with Mobicip's Internet filter. You can now visit mobicip.com from any computer and login using your Mobicip.com account to configure the filter and monitor the browsing activity. You may find these video tutorials helpful to setup your filtering and to monitor the activity reports.